one of the worst things about becoming educated on social issues is when people are like ‘you used to have a sense of humor’
no i used to have internalized prejudices which i’ve worked really hard to overcome and i realize now that your jokes are shittyAlways reblog this because becoming more socially aware makes you dislike a lot of people
This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time
I’m not surprised at the amount of effort going into a 3D model game designed to look exactly like a 2D… well… animated film… But I still can’t believe it. The game’s certainly capable of letting the environmental lighting take over in certain situations and scenes, but most of the time it uses hand drawn shadows and textures to present things as awesomely as possible.
There’s also little to no ragdoll or automatic physics. Just like a sprite based game, every single frame of every movement is modeled individually. Which is like saying “Hey you know how it’s easier to just have the physics automatic? Let’s NOT do that. Let’s make this look awesome. It’ll take forever and it’s just a for a split second movement, but it’ll be awesome.”
ArcSys how you manage to make a game as amazing looking as the FIRST GG was in its own time but in 2014? It’s 2014 we’re supposed to have seen everything.
just fucking draw. don’t compare yourself to other people, don’t stop because you drew a lot last tuesday and you haven’t visibly improved. it takes time, effort, and a lot of perseverance. besides, no matter how “bad” you think you are, there’s still gonna be someone who thinks the stuff you produce is the best goddamn thing they’ve ever seen in their entire life. the artist you were five years ago would have their mind fucking blown by the artist you are today. so just draw a fuckton, because every new thing you draw is one drawing better than you were before.
good morning, here’s your newspaper.
…and a little dance.
He’s so proud of himself.
“We just got a letter, we just got a letter, we just got a letter, i wonder who it’s from!”